YOU ARE IN SAFE HANDS
Sifu Asia is firmly committed to the privacy of its members. We work hard to earn and keep your trust, we strictly adhere to the following principles to protect your privacy:
- Sifu Asia does not rent or sell your personally identifiable information to third parties.
- Sifu Asia does not share your contact information with other users or third parties without your consent.
- Any personally identifiable information that you provide to Sifu Asia will be secured with industry-standard protocols and technology.
- We do not disclose it to others except as disclosed in this Policy or required to provide you with the services of the Site and mobile applications and its related sites, applications, services and goods (collectively, the “Site”), meaning – to allow you to buy, sell, share the information you want to share on the Site; to contribute on the forum; pay for products; post reviews and so on; or where we have a legal obligation to do so.
PRECISE INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
- When you register to the Site or use it as a collaborator, and/or register to our affiliate or influencer or similar program, we ask you to provide certain personal information, including a valid email address, Facebook or Google account login details and username.
- We may ask you to provide or otherwise collect additional information that you provide us, such as, your profile details, physical address, telephone number or other contact details, financial information (such as payment method and credit card number), details about other social networks linked accounts, details about your listed GIGS purchases, education, profession and expertise, and additional authentication information (such as your government-issued ID, passport, or driving license, as permitted by applicable laws, such as the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hyperlink this to : ) and for further information you may reach out to .
- We collect information about your communications with Sifu Asia well as communication with other users of Sifu Asia.
- We collect information while you access, browse, view or otherwise use the Site. In other words, when you access the Site we are aware of your usage of the Site and gather, collect and record the information relating to such usage, including geo-location information, IP address, device and connection information, browser information and web-log information, and all communications recorded by Users through the Site.
- That information will be used to enhance user experience, personalise your browsing experience as well as monitor the Site for preventing fraud and inappropriate content or behaviour.
- We collect supplemental information obtained from third parties such as demographic and navigation data, if applicable.
- To improve your online experience at Sifu Asia, we have implemented impression reporting. While you view our ads, we gather user Global Unique Identifier, HTTP request data like, user agent, IP, host, URL, country/continent from which request made, browser info, device/operating system/operating system version.
- Once you register, your username and additional information regarding your activity is made public and is visible to all Users of the Site. This information includes photos you upload, your published portfolio, GIG information, ratings, and additional information you may choose to add to your profile.
WHERE DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Some of the personal information you provide to us will be stored or processed on our behalf by third party suppliers and data processors and may be located in other jurisdictions besides Malaysia. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
WE USE YOUR INFORMATION MINDFULLY
Where relevant under applicable laws, all processing of your personal information will be justified by a “condition” for processing. In the majority of cases, processing will be justified on the basis that:
- You have provided your consent for us to use your personal information for a specific purpose;
- Our use of your personal information is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you (i.e. to provide you with services which you have purchased);
- The processing is necessary to comply with a relevant legal obligation or regulatory obligation that we have (i.e. fraud prevention); or
- The processing is necessary to support our legitimate interests as a business (i.e. to improve our services to you), subject to your interests and fundamental rights and provided it is conducted at all times in a proportionate way.
WHAT EXACTLY DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
- We use the information collected from you to verify your identity. We also use this information to establish and set up your account, verify or re-issue a password, log your activity, enable your communications with other members, provide customer support and contact you from time to time. The information helps us develop and improve our services to you and customise and personalise your experience (including by making gig suggestions, ranking search results, etc.).
- To ensure marketplace integrity, prevent fraud and maintain a safe and secure marketplace. For example, we use your information to track and prevent fraudulent activities and other inappropriate activities and, monitor content integrity, conduct security investigations and risk assessments, verify or authenticate information provided by you, enforce our Terms of Service and comply with applicable laws. We conduct certain behavioural analytics to achieve the above objectives and in limited cases, if we detect activity that we think poses a risk to the Sifu Asia marketplace, other users, our community, or third parties, automated processes may restrict or limit your access to Sifu Asia. If you would like to challenge any such decision, please contact us at .
- To promote and advertise the Sifu Asia Site and marketplace. For example, we use the information collected from you to send direct marketing messages (as detailed below), to show you information that may be of interest to you, to organise and facilitate referral programs, contests or other promotional activities or events.
- To maintain appropriate business records, to comply with lawful requests by public authorities and to comply with applicable laws and regulations or as otherwise required by law.
WE ADHERE TO THE PDPA 2010 & WILL SEEK YOUR CONSENT PRIOR TO PERFORMING THE FOLLOWING;
- We use your personal information to send you direct marketing communications about our products, services or promotions from Sifu Asia that may be of interest to you or our related services. This may be via email, post, SMS, telephone or targeted online advertisements.
- In most cases our processing of your personal information for marketing purposes is based on our legitimate interest, although some cases (such as where required by law) will be based on your consent. You have a right to prevent direct marketing of any form at any time – this can be exercised by following the opt-out link attached to each communication or by sending an email to .
- We take steps to limit direct marketing to a reasonable and proportionate level and to send you communications which we believe may be of interest or relevance to you, based on the information we have about you.
Unless you request that we delete certain information (see PDPA 2010 hyperlink it to a relevant), we delete the information you submit to verify your identity after 30 days and we retain other information we collect for at least 5 years. Your information may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time. If you choose to provide us with Personal Information, we encourage you to routinely update the data to ensure that we have accurate and up-to-date information about you.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
- Sifu Asia is not intended for children under 13 years of age.
- No one under age 13 should provide any personal information to or on the Site.
- We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
- Parents and guardians should at all times supervise their children’s activities.
- If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that personal information.
- If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at .
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
We may share information about you to provide the Services, for legal and investigative purposes, in connection with sweepstakes and promotions, or if we are part of a merger or acquisition. We may also share non-identifying information with third parties. You have choices as to whether we share your personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
- Information about Freelancers Shared with Clients, Agencies and Sifu Asia Payroll Vendors: We share information regarding Freelancers who have entered into a contract with a Client or who have elected to participate in Sifu Asia Payroll, note that if a Freelancer is suspended from the Sifu Asia Service, we may share that information with Clients for whom that Freelancer has worked or submitted proposals for work. We may also share information with Agencies to whom Freelancers are associated with a particular work project. If you choose to view a job post or submit a proposal for work as a Freelancer via the Service, we may share relevant information with the applicable Client(s), including, but not limited to, the information contained in your Freelancer Profile.
- Information about Clients and Agencies Shared with Freelancers: If you have entered into a service contract or agreed to use Sifu Asia Payroll with another user, we may provide him/her with your name, company address, billing address, or tax ID or VAT number to complete the transaction or to facilitate the resolution of a claim or dispute. The user receiving your information is not allowed to use it for purposes unrelated to the transaction, such as to contact you for marketing purposes, unless you have expressly consented to it.
- Service Providers: We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and online advertising, payment processing, fraud detection and improvement of Sifu Asia’s features) or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used. These third parties may have access to your Personal Information to perform these tasks on our behalf.
- Legal and Investigative Purposes: Sifu Asia will share information with government agencies as required by law in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements and, including without limitation, in connection with reporting earnings. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), or, at the request of governmental authorities or other third parties conducting an investigation where we determine in our sole discretion the disclosure is necessary to (a) protect the property and rights of Sifu Asia or a third party, (b) protect the safety of the public or any person, or (c) prevent or stop activity we may consider being, or pose a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent, unethical or legally actionable activity.
- Internal and Business Transfers: Sifu Asia may share information, including Personal Information, with its parent company Carnaby Group and any current or future subsidiaries or affiliates, primarily for business and operational purposes. We may sell, transfer, or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganisation or sale of assets (including, in each case, as part of the due-diligence process with any potential acquiring entity) or in the event of bankruptcy.
- Contests, and Promotions: We may offer contests, and other promotions (any, a “Promotion”) that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of the Promotion to use your name, voice, likeness, or other indicia of persona in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfilment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winner’s list.
WE KEEP YOU SECURED
- Sifu Asia takes commercially reasonable steps to help protect and secure the information it collects and stores about Sifu Asia Users.
- All-access to the Site is encrypted using industry-standard transport layer security technology (“TLS”).
- When you enter sensitive information (such as tax identification number), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (“SSL”).
- We use HTTP strict transport security to add a layer of protection for Sifu Asia Users. But remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
- While we strive to protect your Personal Information, Sifu Asia cannot ensure and does not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Because we are a Malaysian Company, we process and store your information in Malaysia and our service providers may process and store it elsewhere.
If you are located outside Malaysia and choose to provide information to us, Sifu Asia transfers Personal Information to Malaysia for processing, adhering to PDPA 2010. You may request a copy of the standard contractual clauses relevant to your Personal Information, if any, using the contact information below.
DISCLOSURE OF ALL FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS ON USER PROFILE DISCLAIMER
Sifu Asia discloses all of the financial transactions on profiles of both the Employers and Freelancers for the benefit of all users. The disclosure of the financial transactions is for the benefit of all users in making intelligent and informed choices in regard to accepting jobs from Employers and hiring Freelancers.
HOW TO REPORT TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT (TRADEMARK ACT 2019)?
This cover all content available on this website, including, but not limited to, the informational content; images; charts; graphs; graphics; designs; photographs; audio and video clips; software and HTML code and any other materials.
Sifu Asia operates on User Generated Content (UGC). It does not check user uploaded/created content for violations of trademark or other rights. However, if you believe any of the uploaded content violates your trademark or a related exclusive right, you should follow the process below. Sifu Asia looks into reported violations and removes or disables content shown to be violating third party rights.
In order to allow us to review your report promptly and effectively, a trademark infringement notice (“TM Notice”) should include the following:
- Establishment of your trademark and the goods/services for which you claim trademark rights.
- Your trademark registration certificate and a printout from the pertinent country’s trademark office records showing current status and title of the registration. Alternatively, a statement that your mark is unregistered, together with a court ruling confirming your rights.
- A short description of how our user(s) allegedly infringe(s) your trademark(s).
- Clear reference to the materials you allege are infringing and which you are requesting to be removed.
- Your complete name, address, email address, and telephone number.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorised by the trademark owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided in the notice is accurate and that you are the trademark or are authorised to make the complaint on behalf of the trademark owner.
- Your electronic or physical signature
- When you visit the Site, we use industry-wide technologies such as “cookies” (or similar technologies), which store certain information on your computer and which will allow us, among other things, to enable automatic sign-in to the Site, make your browsing much more convenient and effortless and allow us to test user experience and offer you personalised browsing or promotions.
- By continuing to use this Site, you are agreeing to our placing cookies on your computer or device following the terms of this Policy.
- These files contain a variety of information such as information about Sifu Asia webpages visited by you, the length of time you visited the Site, data about how you came to visit the Site, areas viewed by you within the Site, and additional information.
- Cookies remain on your device for the period described below.
The following is a more detailed explanation of the types of cookies we use:
Necessary cookies are essential and help you navigate the Site. This helps to support security and basic functionality and are necessary for the proper operation of the Site, so if you block these cookies we can’t guarantee your use or the security during your visit.
Performance cookies help us to understand the behaviour of users of the Site. This allows us to continuously improve the Site to provide the best information in support of our project aims. These cookies are also used to help us understand how effective our Site is; for instance these cookies tell us which pages visitors go to most often and if they get error messages from web pages.
All of the information that these cookies collect is aggregated, to assist us to improve how the Site works. Some of these cookies are managed by third parties, and you may refer to the third parties’ own website privacy notifications for further information. In particular, we use Google Analytics cookies to obtain an overall view of user habits and volumes, and to help improve the overall experience on the Site. Google Analytics is a third-party web analysis service provided by Google Inc, which uses performance cookies and targeting cookies. The information generated by these cookies about your use of the Site (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google Inc on servers in Malaysia.
If you prevent these cookies, we cannot guarantee how the Site will perform for you.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- If there are substantial changes to the way we treat your Personal Information, we will display a notice through the Services before the change becoming effective. We may also notify you by email, in our discretion.